We are now six weeks into our summer trip and have finally found a good solution to getting some shade when camping.
We bought our travel trailer used and it did not have an awning. As I shopped for one, they were all too expensive. I looked into the light weight shade tarps, but they looked like too much hassle to setup and take down. (I don't want to leave something setup when it gets windy, so would prefer to have it down when we're not using it, especially if we leave for the day.)
We purchased a JoeShade Umbrella that we really like. It has been a great low-cost alternative to getting an awning. Key features we like are:
- Provides enough shade to cover the two of us sitting in our chairs beside the trailer
- Allows you to easily adjust the height and tilt so that you can aim it where you need it
- Has a stand that is quite stable. It also includes metal stakes to be used if needed when placed on dirt or grass
- Takes only about 30 seconds to open it up or close it and wrap the Velcro around it each time we use it
- Is light weight and has a carrying case with an over the shoulder strap...It's also great to take to the beach or our grandkids' sporting events.
- Takes only about two minutes to take it out of the case and set up
- Doesn't take up much room in our tow vehicle
- Fits our budget
If you're wishing you had an awning, or just wanting some shade when camping, you should take a look at the JoeShade. Please follow the link near the bottom of this page to see more product details on Amazon.
Be sure to drop me a private note if you have any questions.
JoeShade closed up until we sit out again
It comes ready for quick and easy setup
JoeShade is very light weight and includes a convenient storage bag with shoulder strap
- How to Avoid a Bad Electrical Hookup When Camping
- Need a Low Cost Solution for Some Shade when Camping?
- Cross Country in our Small Travel Trailer – Thoughts and photos along the way!
- My 3 Favorite Things about Spring Lake Michigan – (yes, it has a great campground)!
- Playing Tourist – Our quick trip through New England