Back down south and wrapping up our trip at Honeycomb Campground on Lake Guntersville...our favorite place to camp!
Yesterday marked 7 weeks since we left home and we’re now on our final leg. We’ve loved our whole trip, but it is nice to be back down south. Of course we did trade-in some beautiful 70 degree weather in Michigan for 95 degrees here in Alabama.
Fay wades into the water to cool off a bit!
We discovered Honeycomb Campground by accident a couple of years ago, and this is now our fourth visit. Out of everywhere we’ve camped, this is our favorite place. We have a wonderful campsite right on the edge of the water, with gorgeous mountains surrounding the lake.
Saturday we have a wedding in Birmingham, then Sunday a visit with our granddaughter in Mobile. After that, it’s time to head home!
Thursday, June 23 - Lake Guntersville, AL
- How to Avoid a Bad Electrical Hookup When Camping
- Need a Low Cost Solution for Some Shade when Camping?
- Cross Country in our Small Travel Trailer – Thoughts and photos along the way!
- My 3 Favorite Things about Spring Lake Michigan – (yes, it has a great campground)!
- Playing Tourist – Our quick trip through New England